All previously scheduled in person appearances in the month of March have been cancelled due to public health guidelines regarding gatherings during the COVID-19 pandemic. All of California is under a shelter at home order, and venues are closed until further notice. I’ll be available again for gigs again after we are safe from current pandemic situation. Please stay safe everyone.
Contact D.L. Lang
To contact D.L. Lang about booking an appearance or to schedule an in person press interview, please direct all official inquiries to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the press should view the Press Kit page.
Sorry, I do not give out my phone number.
Any unsolicited inquiries trying to sell me goods or services will be ignored and marked as junk email. I have no budget for such things.
To schedule an appearance, please send me an email at email@example.com
I’m available to:
- write a poem to order
- perform at your event
- serve as a judge of performance or writing
- host a poetry open mic
Please include in your message:
- how long of a set you’d like me to perform (for example, just one poem or a set lasting a specific number of minutes)
- if there is a specific theme to the event
- time and date of the event
- the address of the venue
- the amount of honorarium to cover travel costs if applicable
- if I am allowed to sell books at the event
- if your venue takes a percentage of book sales
- If you require a specific number of books to be available at your event, I need at least two weeks notice to allow time for ordering.
Please do not ask me to bring food or help plan your event. I also do not own a sound system. These are the responsibilities of the venue or organization holding the event.
If you’d like me to read longer than 5-10 minutes, for accessibility reasons, you must provide:
- a podium or music stand
- a mic stand and PA system
If you’re trying to reach me for a gig, email is best, as I do not check social media inboxes frequently. I use social media very sparingly. I am on instagram and twitter as @poetryebook
Search “D.L. Lang” to find both my Facebook profile and fan page. You’re welcome to friend me, follow me, or just like the page.