- write a poem to order
- perform a set of poetry at your event
- serve as a judge of performance or writing
- host an in person poetry open mic
Schedule a poetry reading by D.L. Lang
At this time I am booking virtual appearances only due to the pandemic.
To schedule an appearance, I need you to provide the following information:
- how long of a set you’d like me to perform (for example, just one poem or a set lasting a specific number of minutes)
- if there is a specific theme to the event
- time and date of the event
- the address of the venue or how to access the online event
Honorariums and book sales:
- the amount of honorarium to cover travel costs (if applicable)
- if I am allowed to sell books at the event or not
- if your venue takes a percentage of book sales
- If you require a specific number of books to be available for sale at your event, please note that I need at least two weeks notice to allow time for ordering.
Responsibilities of the venue:
If you’d like me to read longer than 5-10 minutes at in person events, for accessibility reasons, the venue or hosting organization must provide:
- a podium or music stand
- a mic stand and PA system
Please do not ask me to bring food or help plan your event. I also do not own a sound system.
If you would like me to feature at your poetry event, please feel free to send me an email at
poetryebook @ gmail.com